#DowntownWishList

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Day 16 - Details, Past & Present

Today was my first visit to Details, Past & Present. I was grateful to meet Arlene Rice, the studio owner. She was warm and welcoming and the positive energy inside her gallery made me feel very relaxed and at home. Details Past & Present features original work by PEI’s finest artists as well as regional and international artists. The Gallery carries original paintings, etchings, art, pottery, blown and fused glass textiles and designer jewellery. 

My Downtown Wish List includes:

beautiful colourful glass bowl

pottery by Jamie Germaine of Seaclay Pottery

For those that followed #MyDowntownWishList blog from last year, you may remember when I visited ColourBlind Boutique and discovered Heather Millar’s extraordinary artwork. Many of Heather's pieces are showcased at Details, Past & Present. I love the detail and texture of this painting - it looks like a photograph. The crow is a spirit animal associated with life's mysteries and magic. 

Shoreline Series by Carole Malcolm 
I’ve been looking for the perfect piece for over my living room sofa :)


Holly Yashi jewellery

I love these poppy vases – very meaningful


While shopping in downtown Charlottetown, take a moment to visit Details, Past & Present at 166 Richmond Street on Victoria Row. You can also visit their website and Facebook page.

If you are looking for some inspiration for your Christmas list, check out the amazing products people have shared already: http://downtownwishlist.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment